Friday, March 18, 2011

Project

First, let me say that most of the time having a husband that works in ministry is wonderful. He has a somewhat flexible schedule and is home for lunch most days, which is a nice break in my day from just me and the kids and they love seeing him then, too. Well......the less wonderful thing about it is the three week-long trips he takes throughout the year, as well as the other two or three day trips sprinkled amongst those. It's always hard for me to be "left behind" to tend to the kids while he is meeting new people, sharing Christ's love, etc. I wish we could experience those kinds of things together, and as any mom knows - the weeks get really long when it's just you and the children! Well, this week was Spring Break and it was no exception. We were planning on going to my parents for most of the week, but.....traveling with two kids - one of them a baby, the other a very active two-year-old - was a lot different than the other weeks when it was just me and Denver. I won't get into it - but we ended up coming home on Tuesday instead of Saturday! So here we were....all week just the three of us. Thankfully, my mom came up Wed afternoon to Thurs morning which really helped break up the week. Thank you Mom! 
Okay, anyways, I was feeling the need for a project to work on while Steve was gone. Just something to get my mind off the kids and give me a break from the housework that's always here to do!
I decided to make a name sign for Noelle's room once we move. (That's another topic to post about) We are signing the papers on our house next week and it is SOLD! Hallelujah God is good! So, after that we will look for a new house (we can live here til November...but want to move by May). Anyway, again - that's for another post. 
Right now Noelle is in our old room and I haven't done anything to it besides have girly crib sheets because I knew we'd be moving in not too long. So I decided my project would be making something for her new room in our next house. So mom and I headed to Hobby Lobby to get the supplies.
We didn't really have a vision, just kind of picked and chose while we were there. Here is the finished product. I couldn't be more pleased with how it turned out!


Not sure if I'll hang the letters on the pegs or above the board and use it to hang other things on...either way I think it will be cute!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute!! I would love to do something like that for Kyler and Norah's room, but I haven't found time yet... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!! Good work, Ash!

    ReplyDelete